Volume 521; Issue 1
Accepted for publication: 22.10.2015 r.
Paper refers to the arch viaduct in Słupsk which is a part of new road between national roads number 6. and 21. Carriage way is suspended to the steel arch by hangers (typical steel rods without standard sleeve and nut – no adjustment of tension). The final forces in hangers were planned to be reached as a natural consequence of freeingthe super structure from temporary supports. Unfortunately one of the hanger was not loaded. The paper describes how the forces in hangerswere identified. Also shows unconventional way of adjustment of tension in failed hanger. Basic drawings and photos are included.
- Prądzyński S., Kaliński W.,. Projekt wykonawczy wiaduktu nad torami PKP w ciągu ul. Koszalińskiej w Słupsku. WiK. 2014.
- Żółtowski K., Żółtowski P., Efekty dynamiczne w cięgnach podwieszonych kładek dla pieszych. Wrocławskie Dni Mostowe. Dolnośląskie Wydawnictwo Edukacyjne, Wrocław 2004.
- IRVIN M., Cable Structures, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1981.
- Krzysztof Żółtowski, Ph. D., Associate Professor - Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mikołaj Binczyk Gdańsk, MSc. Eng. - University of Technology, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Przemysław Kalitowski, MSc. Eng. - Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Krzysztof Żółtowski, Ph. D., Associate Professor